Weekend Bliss

I love weekends. LOVE them. I never really understood why weekends were such a big deal until I started working 8-5 Monday through Friday.

Don't get me wrong, I like working. Arsen may disagree, but I actually get super bored if I don't have something going on, so I think I would die without a job. But I loooove having free time to do whatever I want. It's crazy how difficult it is to get things done when you're at work 40 hours a week. So I seriously treasure my time off.

This weekend turned out totally different than what we planned. We were supposed to be going to Dallas to hang out with friends for St. Patrick's day, but Arsen decided to work Saturday morning for a little overtime, and then by the time he got back we were both tired and decided it would be a huge hassle. Going into St. Patty's day madness at like 4 pm when everyone else has been drinking for hours just didn't seem like the most pleasant thing in the world. So we decided to save it for another weekend.

 Addie in her St. Patty's Day beads

Also, yesterday was our 6 month anniversary. I kind of can't believe it's already been that long. We didn't do much to celebrate since we had made other plans, so as a bit of a fall back we went out to dinner at Razzoo's so Arsen could get his precious crawfish.

We came home and decided to be productive, so we tackled a random project that I found on my love Pinterest. All of the door knobs in our house are disgusting brassy gold, so we picked up some Rustoleum spray paint at Lowe's and spray painted them an oil rubbed bronze color. It makes a HUGE difference, and actually is super easy....and cost about 6 bucks.

I also worked on a crafty little project I'm doing for my friend Katie's bridal shower. It took way longer than planned, but turned out super cute. I think I'll actually save all the stuff I'm doing for her shower for a later post :)

On a side note, Addie has been sick all weekend. I'm not sure what's going on with her, but she has been doing nothing but moping around and sleeping. Friday night around midnight she got sick and threw up several times. Of course I have been freaking out and am convinced she's horribly ill, but it's probably just allergies or something.

 My poor sick little one

This is how I know I have the best mom ever, and how I know she married the most understanding man alive. I called her earlier today saying I'm so worried about Addie, I don't know what I'm going to do tomorrow because I don't want to leave her home alone all day, and I don't really know the people at her new daycare (yes she goes to daycare) well enough to ask them to keep an eye on her and all that. We got off the phone, and five minutes later her husband called and said they were packing an overnight bag and would be driving down so they could stay with Addie while Arsen and I work tomorrow. They live about four hours from us. Are you kidding me??? I felt a bit like a spoiled brat, but they promised they really wanted to come. So now I am incredibly relieved and won't be worrying about my tiny dog all day tomorrow.

Second week of the new job starts tomorrow....so far I'm loving it! It's been a little crazy and overwhelming, like any new job, but I think I'm going to absolutely love it.

Now, gotta get back to my door knobs :)

No comments

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...each and every one makes my day just a little bit brighter!