The first piece I decided to make over was this antique buffet (credenza? I don't know what determines the difference) that my mom gave to me awhile ago to work on. It was really beautiful, but needed so much work. Kind of a big project for my first one, but it worked.
First I took off all of the hardware and sanded it down. Which took foooorever. I started doing it by hand, but after oh, maybe an hour of sanding and getting very little done, Arsen agreed that I needed to buy an actual sander. So I did.
Things went much faster after that, thankfully. After sanding it I painted it a fun shade of blue that I picked up at Lowes. I've been wanting to incorporate some more color into my house, and I'm kind of obsessed with blue at the moment. I used the color Paddle from the Eddie Bauer Home collection.
After a couple of coats of paint, I sealed it with Polycrylic Protective Finish in Clear Semi-Gloss, put the original hardware back on, and all done!
I really love the finished product. It took so much longer than I thought it would, but I think the hard work was well worth it! Right now I have it sitting in the bay window in my kitchen, but I'm not sure if that will be the permanent home for it. Overall I must say I'm pretty pleased with the outcome!