Grayson's First Thanksgiving - Part 2

Happy Monday, friends! I hope you all had a positively fabulous weekend. We spent the weekend trapped in our house...literally trapped, by a massive ice storm. The Dallas area doesn't get a lot of snow and ice, so when it happens it tends to shut our entire world down. And that it did. I'm sure I'll have a nice little ice storm post for ya in a day or two :) 

But today, I'm back with the second half of Grayson's first Thanksgiving saga. You can read part one here if you're interested. 

So after the first half of Thanksgiving day spent at Arsen's sister's house, we headed home to pick up Addie Jane, loaded up the car, and we were off to spend the evening at my dad's house in Oklahoma. 

That night we had a small dinner with my mom, my dad, and his girlfriend Monie. My mom fixed us a nice little meal of turkey and dressing, potatoes and gravy, and a few pies. It was all super yummy, and it was fun to sit around chatting for a bit. By the time we got there G was pretty sleepy, so we got him ready for bed, but he got a second wind when he saw the toy Papaw bought for him! My dad got him a bouncy seat like the one we have at our house that G loves so much, and he had a blast bouncing in that thing until it wore him completely out. I'm pretty sure he actually likes the one at Papaw's house's much cooler, if we're being honest. 
We spent Thanksgiving night at my dad's, and then we were off to Norman the next morning to spend the weekend at my uncles place. Friday I really, really, REALLY wanted to go shopping...I've never done any of the Black Friday craziness, and I was super curious about what kind of deals I could get, but I never got the chance. We spent a big part of the day at Lowe's with my dad picking out tile for the house he just bought and is fixing up, and then had dinner at Chuy's. Forever Chuy's was a Texas only thing, but now they've expanded to I can get my fix wherever I'm at now. It's sad, really.

Friday night we also got to see some of our very best friends, Katie and Quentin! We haven't seen them in foooorever, so it was a much needed reunion. I spent a large portion of my time trying to get Grayson to sleep, but I finally gave up and let him hang out with everyone until after eleven. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. 

Saturday was the day my mom's side of the family had their Thanksgiving get together. It was another day of soooo much food and lots of fun family time. My cousin Amanda was there with her two little girls, one who is just a month older than Grayson. It was so cute to see the two of them together. 
That night I stayed up until almost two talking with my mom, aunt, Grandmother, uncles and Arsen. I never stay up that late anymore because G always wakes up so early and I am not a pleasant person when I don't get much sleep, but I rarely get the chance to see any of them so I went with it. Of course he woke up about 7:30 the next day, but it was worth it for a little quality time.  

Sunday morning we got up and, after a quick stop by my dad's, we made it back home. I absolutely love the holidays, but man, those out of state trips are exhausting! 

All in all, I must say Grayson's first Thanksgiving was a pretty great one. I can't WAIT for his first's only a couple weeks away now!


  1. Glad you guys had such a fun family time! Grayson looks so precious. You know, I've never participated in any Black Friday madness and I don't feel like I'm missing out on much!

  2. Looks like he had fun and was lovin' all the attention


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment...each and every one makes my day just a little bit brighter!